I always heard there wasn't much meat on game hens.
Don't believe everything you hear!
5 T. extra virgin olive oil
2 T. Dijon mustard
1 T. dried granulated orange peel
2 t. kosher salt
1 1/2 t. dried thyme
1 t. dried sage
1 t. marjoram
1/2 t. freshly ground black pepper
2 Cornish game hens
- In a small bowl, thoroughly mix paste ingredients
- Butterfly game hens. Spread the paste over the entire surface of the
- Slice orange and cover hens with slices.
- Prepare your charcoal grill for indirect cooking.
- Place the hens over indirect heat. Cook the hens with the lid closed
as much as possible, approx. 50-60 minutes.
- When fully cooked, remove hens from grill and let rest for 5 to 10